Hockey is my new favourite game. To watch. Not play. (just wanted to clarify). I think the only other sport I like watching as much is soccer.
The hockey I am talking about is ice hockey. Ice hockey is called hockey here and hockey is called field hockey. Ha crazy Canada!
I am getting up early tomorrow morning to watch another game!
Hopefully I will get to see a NHL game at some point! If not, I think I will be at a lot of under 8s games once I am a nanny! Oh I can't wait! So much cuteness ahead!
Other fun things about Canada:
- This morning I got to see some deer, they hang out across the road from where I am staying. So pretty!
- Their car seats have heaters in them so you can warm your butt!
- Cars driving on the right still confuses me. I am so nervous about driving on the wrong side! I think going straight will be easy enough, but turning corners and landing on the correct side and going backwards around roundabouts...eek!
- Nanaimo bars are so delicious
- French Canadian food is just like Australian food... tourtiere & poutine is just like meat pie and chips... only with gravy and cheese curds on the chips. Pretty yum.
- Salmon die once they do the crazy climb up the river and lay their eggs. I know this because I have seen the carcasses! SOOOO gross!
- Bald eagles are cool. I've seen 6 in the wild so far. And 6 deer. But no bears or moose or beavers or squirrels or raccoons.
- Seagulls here are bigger I think. They also sound different.
- You can see America from the bottom of Vancouver Island. So crazy! Imagine just looking out over the ocean and going "oh there's a whole other country!" hmm I guess that's pretty normal for most places in the world. But not Australia.
- I love that I get to wear proper winter clothes here! Like snow boots and mittens and scarves and beanies and hoods (I especially love hoods)! Winter clothes are heaps cuter than summer clothes.
- I think that's all for now. I hope things are going well for you wherever you are!